What are “cookies”?
“Cookies” (also known as HTTP cookies, web cookies or browser cookies) are simply small pieces of data, which are stored as text files on your computer, whenever you visit certain websites. Their typical purpose is to help sites remember particular actions you may have done there in the past.
For example, cookies may track when you have:
- logged into a site
- visited certain pages
- clicked certain buttons.
- Remember when you have logged into a site.
- Remember your user preferences, searches and favourites.
- Track your usage of a site, via WebAbacus© and Google Analytics©.
- Track the success of our marketing campaigns. Additionally, RX websites have a small set of carefully selected third-party providers.
- Target more relevant advertisements to you (DoubleClick™, 6-degrees©)
- Enable social media sharing (AddThis©, Facebook©, Twitter©, YouTube©)
- Ensure better service delivery (Ooyala®) You can view a full list of all cookies used by RX websites in the “What cookies do we use and why?” section.
Are cookies harmful?
Despite this, if you do wish to disable or remove cookies, please see the “Help” section of your browser or mobile device. Each browser or device handles the management of cookies differently, so you will need to refer to your appropriate “Help” documentation. However, as mentioned, please be aware that cookies are essential for certain features of an RX site to work properly.
Why are we telling you this?
To give you a richer experience, Reed Exhibitions sometimes embed photos, videos, polls or similar elements hosted on 3rd party online services such as Flickr or Youtube. Therefore you may be presented with cookies from these services when you visit a Reed Exhibition page containing such content. Reed Exhibitions does not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party's website for more information.
Reed Exhibitions Sharing Tools
Reed Exhibitions websites also use embedded ‘share’ buttons. These buttons enable users to easily share content with their friends through a number of popular social networks. When you click on one of these buttons, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. Reed Exhibitions does not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party's website for more information.
Reed Exhibitions websites may display online advertisements. To manage these adverts we employ a technology called Double Click. It is owned by Google and measures ad performance by setting cookies.
Reed Exhibitions does not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party's website for more information.
What cookies do we use and why?
The following shows the full list of platform cookies, used throughout all RX websites.